Saturday, May 11, 2013

Packing Lunch in the Morning

It is difficult to leave enough time in the morning to pack my lunch and make breakfast at home before work.  Yesterday, I had a very successful morning prep.  The night before I had grilled some delicious Trader Joe's chicken to perfection for salads and put out an almond croissant to rise overnight.  While my almond croissant was in the oven, I made coffee and started cutting carrots and chicken for my salad.  I also made my own balsamic vinaigrette using balsamic vinegar, Williams-Sonoma vinaigrette oil (very good), Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.  I like having morning rituals and almost always listen to NPR in the morning as I'm getting ready for the day.

Grilled chicken, carrot, crouton salad

Cardini's Caesar croutons, which I have decided are the best store-bought croutons

My lunch for the day

My breakfast of almond croissant, coffee to-go, and multivites gummy vitamins

No comments:

Post a Comment