Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pastrami Queen - UES

Pastrami Queen on the Upper East Side is a kosher restaurant that features classic Jewish deli dishes.  We went there this weekend, and I have to say, I like it a lot.  It's not as hyped as Katz's and seemed very clean.  Somewhere in my memory, I have a faint recollection that Katz's had a mouse problem - it is also extremely touristy.  Pastrami Queen is a tiny and chill place to get your pastrami fix.
We ordered a bunch of sides: Fries, Pickles, Cole Slaw, & Homemade Potato Chips - I couldn't stop eating the homemade chips; they were addictive!
My husband got the Reuben, which because it was a kosher did not include cheese.  I think I might like it better this way.
My mom and I split a Reuben.  The sandwich was pastrami, sauerkraut, & Russian dressing on toasted rye bread.
My dad got the pastrami platter with a side of toast, which proved gigantic and awesome.
For any Upper East Siders, I highly recommend Pastrami Queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment