Monday, July 8, 2013

Fourth of July Weekend

We went to visit my family in Illinois for the Fourth of July weekend.  The fireworks were by the river in my little town.  Everyone brought blankets and folding chairs and listened to our local symphony play.  I have spent many Fourths here, and it felt very nostalgic.

River at sunset before fireworks.  The weather was beautiful all weekend.
Fireworks
We were also celebrating my dad's birthday, and my mom got him a Jewel-Osco sheet cake.  Classic all-American artificial deliciousness.
One of my sister's came from Chicago bearing Glazed and Infused doughnuts
One of their most popular flavors is the maple bacon doughnut (upper left hand corner).  These were Long John maple bacon doughnuts.  I've found that Long Johns don't seem to be a concept out East the way they are in the Midwest.  I love them!  More doughnut less hole.  Yes, I'm a doughnut fiend.
I chowed down on the patriotic glazed doughnut.  My manicure is Essie "Bouncer, it's me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment