Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sixth Anniversary

Sixth Anniversary

My husband and I celebrated our 6th dating anniversary this past week.  We have a wedding anniversary now, but still wanted to mark the dating one.  I made a donation in his honor to a charity that he really likes called the Best Friends Animal Society.  Their website is: www.bestfriends.org/  My husband and I are animal lovers through and through.  He made the pasta that he made for me soon after we met and again the night that he proposed.  The recipe is a modified version of the pasta sauce Martin Scorsese's mother makes in Italianamerican (1974).  Very decadent and so wonderful.  He also bought a bottle of the wine we drank together six July's ago (Pèppoli Chianti Classico that I had bought on a day trip to Chianti) and a bouquet of red roses.  So sweet and romantic.

Pèppoli Chianti Classico
Our cat really relished the bouquet (roses are luckily not poisonous for cats).  Our flower options have really been limited by our two little grays, but thankfully roses are my favorite flower (original, I know).

Speaking of flowers, we started a little fire escape garden today, which includes basil, a boxwood, and some sort of fuchsia-colored flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment