Saturday, July 7, 2012

Armoire

Painted Armoire

My biggest purchase of the last year was  a painted armoire from an online auction.  Living in a New York City one-bedroom apartment, storage space is slim.  The armoire has always been one of my favorite types of furniture, both functional and beautiful.  My German mother-in-law has some gorgeous painted cabinets from her youth in Bavaria that I have drooled over; so when I saw this painted Peruvian armoire come up for sale, I decided it was a great investment.  There are many pretty contemporary armoires, but with shipping and assembly, it just wasn't worth it.  This piece was really quite affordable and unique:
  
Tucked in a corner of our bedroom with my wellies in front of it.

The gray brothers exploring the armoire upon arrival.

The interior stores paper goods, towels, linens, and my clothes with room to spare.

One of our cats thinks that the armoire is his and loves the vantage point looking down from up top of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment