Saturday, January 18, 2014

Week in Review: Dirt Dessert, Target, and Cheese Ball

Dirt Dessert (or Dirt Cups) were served at my high school cafeteria, and this week I had a serious craving.  I followed this recipe off Kraft's website:


Ingredients
1 pkg.  (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding 
2 cups  cold milk
1 tub  (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed 
15 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/4 cups), divided 
10 worm-shaped chewy fruit snacks (I skipped these)

Directions 


Beat pudding mix and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Let stand 5 min. Stir in COOL WHIP and 1/2 cup cookie crumbs.
Spoon into 10 (6- to 7-oz.) paper or plastic cups; top with remaining cookie crumbs.
Refrigerate 1 hour. Top with fruit snacks just before serving.
I halved the recipe and did two separate batches.
I did the second batch in a big bowl.

I went to Target this week and fell for these "Swoop" chairs, but resisted:


In Black Herringbone
Velvet in Overcast

This week, I also discovered that the Whole Foods 365 Cheddar Cheese Ball goes really well with Carr's Roasted Garlic & Herbs Crackers.  You probably don't want to eat this right  before you go somewhere as your breath will be pretty horrendous.

365 Cheddar Cheese Ball and Carr's Roasted Garlic & Herbs Crackers


No comments:

Post a Comment