Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Sushi, Box Wine, and a Cupcake

Dinner tonight was an Alaskan roll and a rainbow roll.  

Ko Sushi Alaskan roll and rainbow roll
My first time having the rainbow roll, and it was delicious

I have finally given in to box wine.  It's hard to limit yourself to the U.S. guidelines of one glass a night and seven a week at most.... My week started Monday (I'm not counting the 2.5 glasses I had Sunday).  The Bota Box Cabernet Sauvignon is potable, and now I want to try the Trader Joe's Shiraz and Black Box Cabernet Sauvignon.



In the above photo, you might notice my Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book.  My mom used this cookbook to bake all of our cakes and cupcakes growing up, and my favorite basic cakes still come from this cook book.  Sunday evening, I made a dozen (I had to half the recipe) white cake cupcakes with chocolate butter frosting.  My husband and I had the last two today, and they were till pretty good.  Homemade cake is so superior to box mixes.  Your preference might depend on what you grew up with though; so it's probably relative.

Do cupcakes count as portion control?
As good, if not better, than the Magnolia and Crumbs equivalent

No comments:

Post a Comment