Saturday, September 28, 2013

Saturday Beer Experimentation

We went to Trader Joe's tonight to stock up on essentials and beer. The line at Union Square was enormous.  We went overboard as usual, but why not right?
Shopping list as I stood in line, my husband ran interference and I picked up everything on the perimeter — our usual strategy.
We stopped at Fishs Eddy and picked up a couple of "dimple beer mugs."  Available here.
When we got home, we followed a trick we learned from my dad and covered the beer mugs in water and then stuck them in the freezer to get a chilled beer glass.
The first beer of the beers we bought that we tried was Hitachino Nest Beer - White Ale.
It's possibly my favorite beer that I've ever tried; not just because of the adorable owl logo.
Owl on the cap
Perfection
We made homemade mushroom pizza with mozzarella, Gouda, white cheddar, and Parmesan.  Delicious.

Dinner - I doused the pizza with Frank's
The Bronx Pale Ale that we tried after the Hitachino was not good.
Some of the beers that we'll try next...
I'm enjoying a cozy Saturday night at home watching "The Wire" in my p.j.'s and drinking beer with my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment