Sunday, November 11, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

The weekend is winding down.  We watched Diamonds are Forever yesterday, and are halfway through The Man with the Golden Gun.  Bond films are so messed up.  I enjoyed yesterday's movie thoroughly, and so far this one is decent if ridiculous.  When I was 11 years old (around 1996), I rode in an elevator with Roger Moore at the Ritz Carlton in Boston.  My niece was with me and, as most 2-year-olds do, was throwing an enormous and embarrassing tantrum.  We'll probably end up seeing the new Bond movie at some point.    

Dinner tonight was Hale and Hearty.  I got my usual chopped salad (romaine, chicken, cucumbers, carrots, croutons, Parmesan, and hale and hearty vinaigrette).  They currently have a Chef Series going on, and the current chef is David Burke; so I tried his "crazy corn soup," which is described as a "creamy, lush, soup [that blends] farm fresh corn with Monterey Jack cheese and Yukon gold potatoes then [adds] in even more corn!"  It was pretty good. 

We are now on a Starbucks pumpkin scone kick.  In a  little bit, I'm going to have half of one (my husband and I split one) with a nespresso.  Also in my future tonight is the Real House Wives of Atlanta.
Hale and Hearty Salad, Crazy Corn Soup, and sourdough bread.

Salad

Starbucks Pumpkin Scone

No comments:

Post a Comment