Friday, January 1, 2016

Frittata and Ta-ta to 2015

One of my goals for 2015 was to bake a frittata in my Lodge cast iron skillet. On December 30, I realized I still hadn't done so yet and so I remedied that by ad-libbing this little beauty:
Base of potatoes, red peppers, onion, and garlic

Fresh out of the oven after cheese and egg mixture was poured on top of base

A yummy slice of frittata
I was pretty happy with the way it turned out, even though when I first took it out of the oven and tried to turn it over onto a cutting board raw egg came oozing out.  Once I flipped it back over and put in back in the oven for some time, it was tasty.  Also, it made a great leftover lunch for work.

2015 was a year full of challenges and disappointments, but also of family, love, honesty, forgiveness, acceptance, and hope.  This was one of my toughest years on this planet, but I hope that I have grown from it and become stronger and more able to accept future struggles.  I am so grateful for all that I have: my parents, siblings, husband, cats, job, home, health, and spirit.  Let's hope that 2016 is the best year yet!  Here's to the Year of the Monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment