Sunday, March 22, 2015

Newest Wall Art Addition: Fireworks at Ryogoku by Ando Hiroshige from ART.COM

I mentioned in a previous post that when we were in Washington, D.C. we fell in love with the Japanese artist Kiyochika's work; especially his prints featuring nighttime themes that used beautiful shades of blue.  Unfortunately, there are not good prints of his works available; so I finally gave up and started looking for similar works by other Japanese artists.  I wanted blues, because that is the color we use the most in our bedroom and I think it's a nice relaxing nighttime color.  Fireworks at Ryogoku by Ando Hiroshige was the closest thing I could find to Kiyochika.

Poster's new home in our bedroom

ART.COM was great, the picture was 40% off and considering it included framing, very reasonably priced.  I am super happy with it, and it goes perfectly with the blue lamp we have from Gracious Home.  It also goes well with this adorable owl drawing we already had in the room.

Cute little owl drawing near new Anthropologie carved wooden jewelry box in turquoise* - the blues are starting to pull the room together just in time for us to hopefully move this summer!
 *Whoever the current Anthropologie home section buyer is, you are doing an excellent job; same goes for Urban Outfitters.  I assume they are the same people.  I have spent around $250 in the last month on little house items from both stores.  Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment