Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Eating right for working out?

Things have been overwhelming at work lately, and so I don't have too many fun photos or updates.  I've been working out a lot (for me) lately.  Here's a photo of last night's post-gym hasty meal in front of Real Housewives of New York (doesn't Sonja look amazing this season?!):
Whole wheat pasta covered in Parmesan, roasted broccoli/cauliflower, and a vodka tonic
I thought my 40 minutes on the elliptical earned me a vodka tonic and carbo-loaded meal.  Whole wheat pasta has protein, and I'm pretty sure Parmesan cheese does too.  Tonight's meal was Taco Bell (bean burrito, taco, & nachos) scarfed down within seconds (no photo).

ClassPass automatically renewed my monthly membership, which annoys me along with forces me to work out more.  I did so many yoga classes this month that ClassPass sent me a free tank top.  It's really cute, and I'm discovering that this Next Level Apparel brand is great and a good alternative for people who are creeped out by American Apparel:

ClassPass yoga tank
I'm not sure about the lean or the yoga machine part, but I have been feeling more upper body strength from yoga.  However, when a yoga instructor says to do a handstand "if that's part of your practice," I laugh to myself, because handstands (or worse headstands) and contortions are so not part of my practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment