Sunday, December 29, 2013

Some of My Favorite Children's Books

While I was home, I went through some of our childhood books.  Here are just a few of my favorites:

Best Friends for Frances
Any and all of the Frances books are excellent.
    
Gregory, the Terrible Eater
It's about a goat who wants to eat real food and not garbage like his family.
Gus was a Friendly Ghost
At some point Gus makes cheese croquettes that look adorable.
Little Bear's Friend
All of Maurice Sendak's books are great; this is just one.
Mrs. Pig's Bulk Buy
In the age of Costco and Sam's Club, we an all relate to this one.
Owl at Home
He makes tear water tea at some point.
The Runaway Bunny
A story of a mother's unconditional love and a child's need for constant reassurance.
Strega Nona
Unlimited pasta, yes please.  Tomie de Paola is amazing.  I love most; if not all of his work.
Tales of Amanda Pig
I like books where the protagonist is a pig... what can I say?
Weeny Witch
Such a pretty book.  Probably why I insisted on being a fairy or fairy princess pretty much every Halloween.


No comments:

Post a Comment