Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane Sandy in NYC

Work was canceled for today.  Subways are not running, and  I'm home safe and cozy, anticipating Hurricane Sandy. 

President Obama just made an announcement about Hurricane Sandy being a serious storm that could have a lasting impact. 
Last night, I got nervous about losing power and having our eggs and milk go bad; so I popped a loaf of pumpkin bread in the oven.

Pumpkin bread seems like a good hurricane food.

Current view from our apartment window - you can see some emergency personnel in neon vests hanging out on the corner.

Yesterday as part of stocking up, we got some water at Duane Reade.  We also drank some cheap red wine in front of horror movies (Shutter and The Descent Part 2).  It was a spooky and fun pre-Halloween and Hurricane evening. 
Survival staple: White Cheddar Cheez-Its

We stocked up on wine and candles for when it gets rough.

I think that I must be panicking about bad weather and going into survival mode, because I just bought these Sorel "Sorelli Tall" Boots on Gilt in preparation for blizzards this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment