Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Gooey Butter Cake


The last time that I baked a Paula Deen's gooey butter cake, it ended in weight gain and depression.  This time I baked one for my office; so the obesity will be spread out amongst me and my colleagues.  


I baked it in a disposable aluminium pan to cut down on hassle. 

Powdered sugar dressed it up.

Covered and ready to go


In other news, I think I have acid reflux and unfortunately I think it has something to do with drinking too much... So I've replaced

This (La Fiera wine - had pretty much an entire bottle of this on Saturday and it was delish)

with
This (Prilosec OTC - $1Million at Duane Reade)
I've also been drinking some local apple cider (doubt this is good for G.E.R.D) and lighting fall-scented Yankee Candles to get into the spirit of Autumn.

Red Jacket Orchards Apple Cider

Yankee Candle in Apple Cider scent (it came in a two pack with our usual Harvest  candle at Bed Bath and Beyond)


Hope everyone is enjoying their autumn!  






No comments:

Post a Comment