Monday, August 19, 2013

Packing Homemade Sushi Bento Box for Lunch

I've been trying to cook more interesting things and pack lunch for work.  There are plenty of Japanese stores in New York City; so I decided to try making homemade sushi rolls.  I'm mildly obsessed with bento boxes; so I decided to pack a bento box of sushi for my work lunch.  Yesterday, I went to Dainobu on 56th and picked up a sushi mat for rolling, some seaweed, and a cute bento box.  I almost bought a Hello Kitty bento, but then realized that I'm 28 and getting too old for that shit.  I also went to Katagiri, which I've already mentioned in a previous post, and picked up sashimi salmon, short grain rice, Japanese cucumber, and sesame seeds.  The other ingredients - including rice vinegar - were already in the apartment, because we're hip and cool.  If you want a taste of Japanese culture and to learn some cool recipes, you should check out this youtube channel (I kind of love it): http://www.youtube.com/user/cookingwithdog


The 10 pieces of salmon avocado rolls that I'm bringing for lunch tomorrow.
Stacking sushi
flower river
the beautiful four seasons
bento box with chopsticks




Not pretty enough to pack, but was delicious anyway.  My husband ate the really unglamorous rolls.
My lunch ready to go in the fridge for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment